My Story
    Myths of India
    Incredible India

Travel safely, reliably and well with Intrepid Travel

Ghats, sacred city, Varanasi, India

The ghats of Varanasi, India’s oldest and most sacred city

Try a small group tour with Intrepid Travel

Travel in India is not easy, especially if you’re a first time visitor to India. I am the first to admit it. I have said many times: you need someone to hold your hand. I want to help you travel safely, reliably and well in India so the you can experience more of the magic, and less of the madness. That’s why I have partnered with Intrepid Travel.

Travel with the world’s best small group company

Intrepid TravelOver the past few years, I have been actively searching for travel partners, companies who I knew I could recommend without hesitation. In the category “small group, affordable” I could find no better company than Intrepid Travel. What do I like about them, aside from the great people I know who work for Intrepid? I like their philosophy, style of travel, commitment to local communities and the very compelling range of tours they offer. Intrepid Travel and Breathedreamgo have something very important in common, a commitment to an authentic style of travel that immerses you into the culture.

Visit the  Intrepid Travel website to see a complete list of tours offered. Or browse or download the Intrepid Travel Asia brochure.

With Intrepid, you can choose from three styles of travel:

• Basix: For travellers on a budget, Intrepid Basix trips keep inclusions to a minimum. They’re about value and lots of free time to choose the activities and extras that you want to do
  • Original: The classic Intrepid style. These trips come with some included activities and stay at more hotels than Basix trips. The perfect choice for those who want a taste of everything.
  • Comfort: Designed for those who want more inclusions, Intrepid Comfort trips offer a higher standard of accommodation, larger, roomier vehicles and more included activities.
Contact me about an Intrepid Travel tour at:  travels @ breathedreamgo . com

Intrepid Travels

Personalized service … and a bit of hand-holding

I know India. I have travelled from one end of the country to the other and I have lived in Delhi. I have gained a lot of knowledge and skill about where and how to travel in India — and yes, travelling in India is a skill!

I am also a certified travel agent and authorized to sell Intrepid Travel tours. So, I can help you choose the right tour, book it and provide you with a wealth of knowledge and advice about travel in India. Think of me as a “one stop shop” for travel in India and Asia.

Contact me about an Intrepid Travel tour at:  travels @ breathedreamgo . com

Old Delhi, India

The streets of Old Delhi swirl with chaos and colour

Travel safety for women

A small group tour is an ideal solution for women, and solo travellers, who are concerned about safe travel in India. You will be met at the airport, escorted by a professional guide and joined by other like-minded people. If you feel secure and want some time alone during the day to do your own thing, you are welcome. If you would prefer to stay with the group throughout the trip, you are welcome to do that, too.

An ideal option is to get your feet wet by taking a small group tour when you first arrive in India, and then go travelling alone afterwards. By the end of the tour, you will likely feel much more knowledgeable and confident about travelling in India.

Contact me about an Intrepid Travel tour at:  travels @ breathedreamgo . com

Tico badge

, , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Travel safely, reliably and well with Intrepid Travel

1. Cristina February 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

This is great news Mariellen! I can see this being so successful for you! I’ll definitely be on one of those tours in future :)
    Cristina recently posted..There is More to Germans than their WienersMy Profile

2. Mariellen Ward February 3, 2013 at 9:22 am #

Thanks Cristina! You’ve been to India so you know how important it is to have someone you trust making your travel arrangements. It’s unfortunate there are so many conmen in India.
    Mariellen Ward recently posted..Top 5 PhotographsMy Profile

3. Shailesh Jangra February 14, 2013 at 1:59 pm #

I think women can travel with safty if she take care of some little things like her company and surroundings. You can travel alone and enjoy yourself. I never understand why you are affraid of these things. Understand your power and enjoy your life.
    Shailesh Jangra recently posted..RelationshipMy Profile

4. Mariellen Ward February 14, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

I agree Shailesh, women can take control and travel safely. However, I DO understand why so women are reluctant: we are brought up to feel weak and afraid. We need to overcome those messages and realize we are powerful. This is the journey of a lifetime.
    Mariellen Ward recently posted..Ode to the lady traveller: Why we need the #WeGoSolo movementMy Profile

• Shailesh Jangra February 21, 2013 at 6:57 am #

Yes Mariellen, this is the right thinking. :P
      Your thoughts can encourage those women who are afraid of solo travel.
      Shailesh Jangra recently posted..Movie DramaMy Profile

5. Andrea February 17, 2013 at 9:31 am #

I stumbled upon your blog and can’t wait to dive in!
    I have been toying with the idea to travel to India and volunteer at Animal Aid Sanctuary… and hopefully do a bit more travelling! I am hopefully going in September/October and would be really interested in your tours!

6. Mariellen Ward February 19, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

Thanks Andrea, keep reading, I will be posting more information soon :)
    Mariellen Ward recently posted..Life of Pi: Film and music shimmerMy Profile

7. Shalu Sharma February 25, 2013 at 5:52 pm #

I think this is a good service Mariellen. There is no substitute for personal service. Well done and best wishes to you.
    Shalu Sharma recently posted..Visiting Golghar in PatnaMy Profile

8. Nimesh February 27, 2013 at 7:17 am #

Really very good Mariellen…… it’s a good services for first time travelers and specially for women travelers. Best of luck :)

9. Linda May 9, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

your service looks terrific, save the pic of you with elephants They are mistreated, and no one should be encouraged to ride an elephant.

If you connect with Wildlife SOS India, you could facilitate tourists helping the wildlife of India http://www.wildlifesos.org

10. Dalyce Szaszkiewicz June 9, 2013 at 12:09 am #

Hi – I’m interested in a trip to India during the summer of 2014! I would most likely be travelling on my own. I’m interested in culture, dance, yoga, food, shopping and visiting an orphanage or school as I am an elementary school teacher. Could you please let me know if you have any tours planned for that time and/or reputable tour companies other than yourself that you might recommend (I wasn’t able to see any tours by breathedreamgo.) I have heard that summer is not the best time of year to travel to Inda however due to my teaching contract, I would not have the availability to travel until my summer break.

Thank you kindly, I hope to hear from you soon:)
    Dalyce

11. Louise April 10, 2014 at 9:40 am #

Hey, I’m off to see Diwali in October in Varanasi, I’ve no set plans beyond that except for a huge amount of things I want to see. But I would love to join you along the way, if I can sign up here and there? I’m sure it would help me find my feet. Louise

• Mariellen Ward July 8, 2014 at 6:20 pm #

Hi Louise, Contact me at travels @ breathedreamgo . com if you want to join a tour or get personalized travel advice or an itinerary.
      Mariellen Ward recently posted..Missing the smells of DelhiMy Profile

12. Vikas Dhimon August 7, 2014 at 8:28 am #

Many times I have been asked which tour company is best to go to exotic destinations. In my mind tour to India .It’s good and best country in the world. My opinion travel to India it is safely and reliable. Fusion of modernity and tradition, the vibrant colors of India are really fascinating. Its bustling cities, surrender to the simplicity of villages and be touched by the spirit of this land. A journey through India is enriching, inspiring and unforgettable. Thanks for sharing this article.