• MW elephant blessing
  • MW at Tiger Fort, Jaipur
  • MW at Taj Mahal with friends
  • Mariellen Ward, Kumbh Mela, Haridwar, aarti, India

The green 13: Introducing
EcoAdventure Media

ecotourism sustainable earth

Photo courtesy Bret Love and Mary Gabbett of Green Global Travel.

New group dedicated to responsible ecotourism

WE HAVE only one planet, and it is our home. Planet earth is an incredibly rich and dynamic place made up of human and natural ecosystems that must co-exist for us to live in peace and harmony, and have all our material and human needs met. As a traveller, a writer and citizen of this planet, I take my responsibility for trying to make this world a better place quite seriously. Which is why I am very excited to announce that I am a proud member of a new group of travel industry and media professionals who have come together to promote and encourage responsible ecotourism.

We’re called EcoAdventure Media and we are comprised of 16 people, who together publish 13 travel blogs. But we are much more than just travel bloggers – we are journalists, editors, photographers, videographers, podcasters, marketers, social media experts, educators, a travel agent, a zoologist and a sustainability consultant united behind a powerful platform for promoting eco-conscious brands.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve

I joined EcoAdventure Media because of my passion for culturally responsible travel. If you are a regular reader of Breathedreamgo, you know that I often write about respecting cultural values; protecting tiger habitats in India; the importance of clean water; women’s rights and the welfare of children; and the transformative power of travel. These are values and causes that are dear to my heart, and I try and use my blog platform as a “force for good.”

Recently, I chose Room to Read to be the official charity partner of Breathedreamgo (more about that in an upcoming blog). And now joining EcoAdventure Media is another step forward for me, along this road. (And by the way, I’m the travel agent referenced in the list above as I recently started working as the resident India specialist at Goway Travel – more about that upcoming, too).

Mariellen Ward at Tiger Fort, overlooking Jaipur, India. 2006

Mariellen Ward at Tiger Fort, overlooking Jaipur, India. 2006

So, who are we?

From culinary, cultural and family travel to nature travel and outdoor recreation, we collectively cover every major aspect of ecotourism and outdoor adventure.

We’re passionate about engaging and inspiring consumers to travel and live more sustainably and responsibly.

We have members based throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia, including experts on Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. All of our members are thought-leaders in their given niches, from adventure travel and cultural travel, to education and family travel, to nature/wildlife travel and geotourism. In fact, you probably know many of us because of the blogs we maintain:

Together, we publish 13 leading travel blogs, with more than 500,000 page views per month and more than 4 million social media followers. That’s a lot of influence! And we will be using it to exponentially promote responsible ecotourism. We want to be a conduit connecting sustainable travellers with trustworthy companies/destinations that put an emphasis on traveling responsibly. We want to encourage the growth of the ecotourism industry by inspiring more travelers to make conscious choices that benefit conservation efforts and local indigenous cultures.

We want to help bring responsible ecotourism into the mainstream travel industry.

You’ll be hearing from us, that’s for sure!

To learn more, visit our brand new website, which we will be continuing to refine and build, at EcoAdventure Media. You can download a media kit from the website that outlines our services.

cheetah responsible ecotourism

Photo courtesy Bret Love and Mary Gabbett of Green Global Travel.

, , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to The green 13: Introducing
EcoAdventure Media

1. Jennifer May 28, 2013 at 10:09 am #

I’m very excited to be part of this new venture with you!
    Jennifer recently posted..Girlfriend Getaway at Il Lugano, Fort LauderdaleMy Profile

2. Prasad Np May 28, 2013 at 10:55 am #

Hi Mariellen : A wonderful initiative to save the planet. As somebody whose basic qualification is in Environmental sciences, eco-friendliness is very close to my heart. I hope this group will expand and will add more members to spread the message and sustainable and scale-able actions to save the only planet we have.

All the best.
    Prasad Np recently posted..Birla Temple Naubat Pahad HyderabadMy Profile

3. Shalu Sharma May 29, 2013 at 2:19 am #

This is a great idea Mariellen and a noble one as well. I wish you all the best. By the way, you look lovely in red.
    Shalu Sharma recently posted..A place to eat in Amritsar – Shiraz’s Orchid RestaurantMy Profile

4. Destination Infinity May 29, 2013 at 7:07 am #

Hi Mariellen, All the best with your new initiative. I think it’s a much needed one as people should be inspired to travel responsibly, without damaging our planet/eco-systems. By connecting people with companies that promote sustainable products, it maybe easier to achieve that objective. I am sure that as a group, all of you will have a greater say. Do let me know if I can help this initiative in someway.

Destination Infinity
    Destination Infinity recently posted..Why Chatrapati Shivaji was a Great KingMy Profile

5. Lindsay May 30, 2013 at 12:57 am #

This is incredible, Mariellen! Sounds like an ideal organization for you to become involved with. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
    Lindsay recently posted..A Newbie’s Night Before TBEXMy Profile

6. Paula C. Wilkes May 31, 2013 at 6:40 am #

I admire your intentions and deeds in preserving the Earth. I honestly wanted to be like you. Humans and nature is one and must preserve to have a healthy world. Great job Mariellen!
    Paula C. Wilkes recently posted..Rate your experiences hereMy Profile

7. gregory urbano June 2, 2013 at 11:02 am #

Freakin spectacular photo at the top of the post!
    gregory urbano recently posted..Seeing Cypress at Highlands Hammock State Park.My Profile

8. Matt the Brisbane Photographer June 5, 2013 at 5:53 am #

I agree, the top pic is incredible!
    Matt the Brisbane Photographer recently posted..Trip home with a Brisbane photographerMy Profile

9. Zoë Dawes June 11, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

Insuring read and interesting to see the application of ecotourism. I must admit to not being especially good at it but do try to do my bit on travels in the UK and abroad …

• Mariellen Ward June 12, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

Hi Zoe! I think this is just now becoming more of a concern to travellers and tourists, and if we each continue to think more about how to travel sustainably, it will all add up … and grow …
      Mariellen Ward recently posted..Why content is king and story is queenMy Profile

10. Nicole @ Green Global Travel June 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm #

There can not be enough awareness of the environmental issues out there. Great work :)
    Nicole @ Green Global Travel recently posted..INTERVIEW: Super Chikan, Last of the Delta Blues LegendsMy Profile

11. James @ Africa Tours June 29, 2013 at 7:35 am #

Congratulations on this new venture! What a wonderful cause and concept!