• MW elephant blessing
  • MW at Tiger Fort, Jaipur
  • MW at Taj Mahal with friends
  • Mariellen Ward, Kumbh Mela, Haridwar, aarti, India

Photo Essay: Stories of Delhi

Busy streets

Photographs of New Delhi by Jagdev Singh and Victoria Knobloch

New Delhi is a city close to my heart as I have spent so much time there. It is of course a massive metropolis, bustling with many people, many sub-cultures, many moods. I was intrigued by these photos by photographer Jagdev Singh, and Victoria Knobloch, who has captured some of the many faces and places of Delhi, and asked him to do a guest photo essay on Breathedreamgo. The effect of his photos is striking, no? Enjoy.

Pillow

Tea Man

Sleeping

Masala Chai

At peace

Gods

Monsoon

Belief

Engine trouble

About Jagdev Singh

A post graduate in management with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, Jagdev Singh is a freelance photographer living in New Delhi, India. He loves to capture the moments and moods from people’s daily life. His work untangles the complex appearance of life, revealing a fine sense for a moment to pause. In 2010 he was awarded a trip to Thailand by ShotIndia.com. In June 2011, his photos were exhibitted at the Russian Center of Culture and Science. His photos were also displayed at three Group Exhibitions at PSK Gallery, New Delhi by FIPA in 2011 and 2012.

Subscribe to the free — and inspiring! — e-newsletter, Travel That Changes You.;

, , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Photo Essay: Stories of Delhi

1. Neilanjeev Roy March 15, 2013 at 12:58 pm #

Nice clicks except the last one..
    BTW when are you going to come Kolkata ? :)

• jagdev March 20, 2013 at 6:01 am #

thanks Neilanjeev! Would love to come to Kolkata … guide me with your experience like what time of year and any special festival which is spectacular ?

• Neilanjeev Roy March 26, 2013 at 10:44 am #

Well, You should come during the Durga Puja around October /November and of course during The kolkata Book Fair(Kolkata Boi Mela) which is held on Jan/Feb

• jagdev April 11, 2013 at 3:26 am #

thanks. i will plan ;)

2. Shalu Sharma March 15, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

Lovely photographs by Jagdev Singh. I love the one with the lemon and the chillies. You’ll see them on many Indian homes, its supposed to ward off the “evil eye” or “buri nazar”. Very interesting.
    Shalu Sharma recently posted..Six Basic Photography Tips for IndiaMy Profile

• jagdev March 20, 2013 at 6:04 am #

oh yes you are right !! a very common view. People have a daily routine with fixed suppliers who come and tie the evil eye, even if the occupant is out of station!!

3. Linda March 17, 2013 at 6:35 am #

Fascinating and beautiful photos. I haven’t yet been to India, but if someone says, “India” to me, my first thought is “color” …… so I thought it was especially insightful to see photos in black & white. It took my mind and thoughts about the country in a whole other direction.
    Linda recently posted..After the StormMy Profile

• jagdev March 20, 2013 at 6:02 am #

thanks … India is extremely vivid and a photo endeavors to capture the moment in right contrast!!

4. Nishi Jain March 24, 2013 at 11:05 pm #

I especially loved the one where the riskshaw puller is sleeping, and also where a man is sleeping comfortably beside a stray dog. You get so many stories on the road. Correction: you get the best stories there.

• jagdev April 11, 2013 at 3:29 am #

you are absolutely right … infact the best things we get in life are never planned ones !! best things unfold in the spontaneous spur of the moment.

5. desi Traveler March 28, 2013 at 5:18 am #

good pictures, always a treat to see pictures from my home town.. The Pillow picture reinforces the fact that a dog is a man’s best friend.
    desi Traveler recently posted..The Rolls Royce in Old HyderabadMy Profile

6. thehangpage May 21, 2014 at 3:02 am #

Find some of the best places in delhi
    thehangpage recently posted..Godzilla 2014My Profile