Capture the Colours: Photographs of India

RED: A bride in Varanasi, India

RED: A bride in Varanasi, India

Photographs in Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, White

These are just a few of the thousands of photographs of India I have taken over the years. Each represents a different colour: Blue, yellow, red, green and white. This is my entry into the TravelSupermarket Capture the Colour Photo Contest. I have tried to capture both the five colours and also show something about India, too. Thanks to Ken Kaminesky for alerting me to the contest. Ken is a fellow Canadian travel blogger, a superlative photographer and a great guy, too! To find out more and enter, read on.

To enter, read the rules of the Capture the Colour Photo Contest and let them  know you’ve entered the competition by either posting a link to your blog post on Facebook mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page and/or by linking to your post via Twitter and including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour.

PS Next time, please include pink and orange — two of the most vibrant colours of India!

Yellow: A monk at Ranakpur Jain Temple, Rajasthan

Bret Love, Green Global Travel

Spencer Spellman, The Travelling Philosopher

Arun Bhat, Painted Stork

, , , , , ,

23 Responses to Capture the Colours: Photographs of India

1. Karen Graham July 8, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

Awesome photos! I haven’t been to India yet but I’m always amazed by the incredible images I see and I definitely want to go there one day (hopefully). Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Karen Graham recently posted..My life as a travel writer gone bung?My Profile

2. Mariellen July 8, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

Thanks for the comment Karen. I really appreciate your enthusiasm about my images as I don’t consider myself a professional photographer. India is making me a better photographer, though. It inspires you to want to be able to capture the beauty, colour and diversity!

3. Jaclyn July 9, 2012 at 11:38 am #

Stunning pictures, Mariellen! Wow!

4. Kim Rogers July 9, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Gorgeous photos. So rich in color. As fate–or the gods or whatever–would have it, I met this wonderful, like-minded woman over the weekend who takes small private groups to India,and now India is on my radar for next year! So, you can be sure I will keep following you!

5. Candace Rose Rardon July 10, 2012 at 10:28 am #

Mariellen, these photos are gorgeous! The peacock is especially striking. The beautiful spectrum of colours in India is probably one of the things I’ve missed most about the country. I’m headed back there in August and can’t wait to be surrounded by it once again 🙂 Thanks for sharing these images!
    Candace Rose Rardon recently posted..photographing fireworks: a very bokeh independence day.My Profile

6. NS July 11, 2012 at 1:25 am #

This is such a fantastic snap! Such vibrant colors..

7. Cam July 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

Great photos Mariellen! May fav is the Blue. The contrast is fantastic
    Cam recently posted..Photo of the Week: Magnificent Molokai from a HelicoptorMy Profile

8. RajEnder July 13, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Awesome photograph skills and the Taj steels the show.
    It is even more interesting to see more and more foreigners focusing India and its beauty. Just a couple of ours ago I saw another foreigner Sharell’s blog and it was awesome too.
    RajEnder recently posted..Sleeping Habits-Good or Bad?My Profile

9. Arti July 15, 2012 at 4:52 am #

Incredible post and captures showcasing India! And you are so correct when you say that Pink and Orange are the colors to be captured when in India!

Hope you win the contest 🙂

Arti ~ India
    Arti recently posted..Where to Stay in Tokyo: Hotel Villa Fontaine RoppongiMy Profile

10. Kieu ~ GQ trippin July 15, 2012 at 8:29 am #

I LOVE that you did an India edition. Makes me miss it. My favorite is yellow!
    Kieu ~ GQ trippin recently posted..Geisha Hunting in KyotoMy Profile

11. Mariellen July 15, 2012 at 8:58 am #

Thanks everyone! It;s so cool that everyone seems to have a different favourite.

RaJEnder, I know Sharell well, she is awesome and so is her blog!

Arti, it’s just that I love pink and orange!

12. Tash July 15, 2012 at 11:47 am #

Wow, the Taj is just breaktaking!
    I love that you have been able to do this post within you niche. (I mean, of course, but still…..)
    I am working on getting to India for Feb/March so all these images just feeds the wanderlust!!
    Tash recently posted..Capture The ColourMy Profile

13. Lesley Peterson July 16, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

India must be the most colourful country on the planet – lovely light quality, too. The peacock is such an exquisite blue!
    Lesley Peterson recently posted..Cruising around Albuquerque and Route 66My Profile

14. Leah Travels July 17, 2012 at 10:23 pm #

They’re all stunning, but I’m in love with the peacock. Brilliant, jewel-tone colors….
    Leah Travels recently posted..Texas Tuesday: Houston’s Discovery GreenMy Profile

15. India travel visa July 18, 2012 at 6:46 am #

Wow Lovely Pictures.. i am loving peacock.. thanks to share with us.

16. Mariellen July 18, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Everyone seems to love that peacock photo! I snapped it while staying at Roopanghar, an incredible old fort / haveli that has been turned into a hotel. It’s a ramshackle place, very atmospheric — somewhat like the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel but grander and more medieval!

17. indiamap July 19, 2012 at 1:25 am #

Really a beautiful photos which you shared here, especially the Peacock one is beautiful. Thank for sharing with us.

18. Lauren, Ephemerratic July 19, 2012 at 4:24 am #

Nice twist, keeping it to one country. I gave myself a different limit and only looked at photos I’ve never shared before!
    Lauren, Ephemerratic recently posted..Capture the Color of TravelMy Profile

19. Will Peach July 26, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

I always get a great enjoyment out of seeing pics from India. Just like your post captured, always seemed like such a vibrant and colourful place to me. The peacock is brilliant!
    Will Peach recently posted..Finding your Niche: Jeremy Branham of Budget Travel Adventures – Part IIMy Profile

20. Michel August 28, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

You have to just love the colours in India.
    Michel recently posted..Capture The Colour and Win £2,000 to Spend on TravelMy Profile

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Capture the Colour - From White Boobies to Red Geckos | Red Hunt Travel - July 18, 2012

[…] responsible for many amazingly bright and beautiful image posts right now. It was Mariellen Ward at Breathe Dream Go who tagged me to participate in this contest, so I’m happy to share these five photos with […]

2. Last Minute Travel Deals 24/7 | Capture the Colour of my travels - August 6, 2012

[…] was nominated by yTravelBlog, Breathe Dream Go, and Spark Punk to be part of Travelsupermarket’s Capture the Colour photo contest.  So I will […]

3. Breathe Dream Go! – Make Your Next Trip Meaningful - August 8, 2012

[…] India after her first visit of six months in 2005-2006. Her journey is brimming with tidbits of Photographs of India, The sheer beauty of Indian Monsoon, Shopping in India, Homestay options in India, Tales of […]