• MW elephant blessing
  • MW at Tiger Fort, Jaipur
  • MW at Taj Mahal with friends
  • Mariellen Ward, Kumbh Mela, Haridwar, aarti, India

Autorickshaw ride in Mumbai

Mumbai India truck, traffic and an autorickshaw ride

Dodging traffic in India!

This video marks the start of a new feature on BreatheDreamGo: Video Friday. Every Friday I will upload a video from my travels in India (or other entertaining videos I come across).

I took this video after getting into an autorickshaw at Bandra train station in Mumbai. Look for the near collision at 1:42!

, , , , ,

6 Responses to Autorickshaw ride in Mumbai

1. Tara June 19, 2010 at 6:39 pm #

Wow, so those are what autorickshaws look like! That’s a wild ride, looks like everyone was just making up the driving rules as they went along!

2. Anil June 21, 2010 at 2:22 pm #

It’s always an adventure when you get on India’s roads!

3. Alison June 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

Mariellen, this is really cool! I’m glad you’ve added video to your site, which was already very visceral, but now even moreso what with the sound of the motors and beeps and crowds.

Great job!

Alison

4. Appoorva June 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

A tip for your next adventure: ask the autorickshaw driver if you can sit in the front with him.

Many of them can drive with 2 or 3 more people sharing that small front seat meant only for the driver!

5. Rene February 14, 2012 at 5:52 am #

What an adventure it is on India’s roads. Seems like the autorickshaw in Mumbai is a better ride than the tuktuks in Kathmandu.

6. admin February 15, 2012 at 10:28 am #

I’ve never been to Kathmandu (just the airport) Rene, but Mumbai is an adventure. It’s a great, bustling, teeming city; one of the world’s most vibrant.